Comments Are Huge.
We know you need to have a comments section for your podcast. Comments let you connect with your audience. They make your podcast a conversation, as opposed to a lecture. They allow feedback. And they let your listener know that you care about what they have to say. This makes them more likely to care about what you have to say.
That's why we chose to integrate Disqus comments system into your BlastPod experience. Disqus is the most popular comment application out there, and using it with BlastPod is super easy. Don't worry. You don't have to allow comments on your podcast post. But if you choose to, we've lined up with the best comment system out there, and made it easy for you.
If you want to enable Disqus comments for your BlastPod website, follow the simple steps, below.
- Log in to your BlastPod account, and choose Disqus Comments Widget Setup from the Widgets And Extras button in the toolbar.
- Click on the Disqus Account link, to retrieve your Disqus "shortname". If you do not yet have a Disqus account, set one up. They are free, easy to use, and allow you to comment on all of the top blogs and podcasts.
- Log in or create your account, and select the Admin option from the Settings tab.
- Click on Installing Disqus.
- Now, you need to find your "shortname". The easiest way to find it is in the Tumbler setup. So, hover over the Tumbler icon, and click on it.
- Almost done. On this page, you'll find your "shortname" for your Disqus account. It should be in the second line. See the pic below if you have trouble finding it.
- Copy and paste your shortname from your Disqus account into the "shortname" field, back one the Disqus Comments Widget Setup page of your BlastPod account. To activate comments, insure that the switch is in the "on" position, and click "save changes" at the bottom of the screen.
- Done!!! Your listeners can now leave comments on your podcast posts, and you can now take your listener engagement to the next level.
We know that this will help you in your podcasting journey and we're excited to see how it will help your audience grow.